On 17 June 2019, the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (“IRS”) reminds users on Publication 1345 “Handbook for Authorized IRS e-file Providers of Individual Income Tax Returns” (Link).
This handbook, revised in March 2019 (Link-Blog), continues to address only the rules and requirements for participation in IRS e-file by Authorized IRS e-file Providers (“Providers”) filing individual income tax returns and related forms and schedules.
User shall keep in mind to check their e-file application periodically to ensure all information is up to date.
- Update Authorized Users, remove any Principals, Responsible Official, Contacts and Delegated Users that are no longer with the firm.
- When adding new Principals and/or Responsible Officials to an existing application, the application status will move to Resubmission required, the application must be resubmitted within 45 days or the application will delete.
- When adding Responsible Officials and Delegated Users, remember to delegate the proper authorities for the work they will perform.
- If necessary, update the addresses and telephone numbers.
It is important to make sure all addresses on the application are updated and accurate.
- Physical Address is the location of the business that is e-filing returns.
- Mailing address is used when the firm wants correspondence sent to a specific address other than the physical address.
- Year-Round address is used when the physical address is not open 12 months during the year. This is where records are retained and accessible.