On 30 July 2019, the Cayman Islands’ Department for International Tax Cooperation (“DITC”) released an updated version of the Automatic Exchange of Information (“AEOI”) News & Updates circular: “AEOI News & Updates” to reflect the recent changes regarding the AEOI (Link).
The following sections have been updated:
- AEOI Portal Accessibility
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”) IRS Error Notifications
- Common Reporting Standard (“CRS”) Status Messages (Errors)
- CRS Reportable Jurisdictions
New issues have been added to the following sections:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Industry advisories
Further information on the latest AEOI developments can be found on the Cayman Islands’ AEOI website (Link).